Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Here’s the NBC Sports Stanley Cup playoff update for May 13
• Jaccob Slavin isn’t ashamed of his faith. (TSN)
• Saying that “the Blues don’t want it enough” is a very silly argument. (St. Louis Game Time)
• The Blues have made it to the Western Conference Final even though their stars have been quiet. (Bleedin Blue)
• Logan Couture clearly deserves to be in the running for the Conn Smythe Trophy but he should also be in the mix for the Selke. (NBC Sports Bay Area)
• Sharks head coach Pete DeBoer is very good at adjusting on the fly. (NHL)
• The Hockey News looks at three deadline trades that worked and three that didn’t. (The Hockey News)
• John Tavares, who was injured during a practice at the World Hockey Championship, will be able to resume his offseason training in a month. (Toronto Star)
• It’s time for the Islanders to start embracing Barclays Center. (New York Post)
• The Pittsburgh Penguins will have to start thinking about a new contract per Matt Murray soon. (Pensburgh)
• There’s a few veterans the Sabres need to find a way to get rid of if they’re going to improve next season. (Die by the Blade)
• Mile High Hockey takes a deeper look at Cale Makar‘s first 10 NHL games. (Mile High Hockey)
• William Karlsson probably deserves $6 million or more on his next contract but the Golden Knights may not be able to give it to him. (Sinbin.Vegas)
• Oilers Nation breaks down some of Ken Holland’s best moves in Detroit. (Oilers Nation)
Joey Alfieri is a writer for Pro Hockey Talk on NBC Sports. Drop him a line at email@example.com or follow him on Twitter @joeyalfieri.