Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Who will be the first overall pick in this summer’s NHL Entry Draft? Well, it’s a battle at the top between Kaapo Kakko and Jack Hughes. (TSN)
• Mitch Marner is one of those players that brings some skill to the penalty kill. (Rotoworld)
• Sportsnet’s Andrew Berkshire breaks down some of the overachievers and underachievers of the 2018-19 season. (Sportsnet)
• Viktor Arvidsson isn’t the biggest name in hockey circles, but he’s quietly put up a really strong offensive season. (NHL)
• PHT’s Adam Gretz provides us with a list of the biggest surprises and disappointments of the season. (MSN)
• Gretz continues with a terrific piece on the Pittsburgh Penguins’ good and bad qualities. (Pensburgh)
• Can the Dallas Stars make some noise in the Stanley Cup Playoffs? (Dallas Morning News)
• Tyler Seguin has picked up his game since being called out by Jim Lites a few months ago, but Jamie Benn still isn’t himself. (The Hockey News)
• Jordan Binnington is one of the big reasons why the St. Louis Blues are one of the teams to watch heading into the playoffs. (Goal Horn)
• Ryan Strome has fit in nicely with the New York Rangers (Puck 77)
Joey Alfieri is a writer for Pro Hockey Talk on NBC Sports. Drop him a line at email@example.com or follow him on Twitter @joeyalfieri.