Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Henrik Lundqvist has had a major influence on young teammate Alexandar Georgiev. (NHL.com)
• Darcy Kuemper has been huge for the Arizona Coyotes this season. (The Hockey News)
• If the Oilers want to get back to the playoffs, they’ll have to find a way to improve on the wings. (TSN)
• The Toronto Maple Leafs signed Nic Petan to a two-year extension. (NHL.com/MapleLeafs)
• Miami University has fired head coach Enrico Blasi after 20 years on the job. (Dayton Daily News)
• Avalanche forward Gabriel Landeskog received a letter from a young fan. The anti-bullying advocate went out of his way to leave a positive impression on this fan. (Yahoo)
• Sunday’s game between the Hurricanes and Canadiens will be the first NHL game will be called in the Plains Cree language. (CBC)
• The United Center will get an impressive new scoreboard and sound system next season. (NHL.com/Blackhawks)
• 2020 draft-eligible prospect Alexis Lafreniere isn’t interested in being compared to Sidney Crosby. (New York Times)
• Now that he’s back in the Bruins lineup, expect David Pastrnak to give the Maple Leafs nightmares. (WEEI)
• What’s Nikolay Goldobin‘s future in Vancouver? (Canucks Army)
• The injury to Valtteri Filppula has exposed the Islanders lack of depth at center. (New York Post)
Joey Alfieri is a writer for Pro Hockey Talk on NBC Sports. Drop him a line at email@example.com or follow him on Twitter @joeyalfieri.