Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• On Wednesday night, legendary broadcaster Bob Cole called his final game in Toronto. (CBC)
• Travis Yost breaks down the interesting facts about the term and structure of Auston Matthews‘ new contract. (TSN)
• The Canadiens’ all-Finnish line of Jesperi Kotkaniemi, Joel Armia and Artturi Lehkonen has performed really well lately. (Montreal Gazette)
• Now that Mikko Koivu is done for the season, it’s time for the Minnesota Wild to begin their retool. (The Hockey News)
• Even though they traded him away on Wednesday, the Devils should find a way to bring Brian Boyle back during the offseason. (Pucks and Pitchforks)
• The Toronto Maple Leafs took the subway to their outdoor practice on Thursday. (Toronto Star)
• Adam Gretz sheds some light on what might be the Pittsburgh Penguins’ biggest weakness. (Pensburgh)
• Look for Filip Zadina to play a few games with the Detroit Red Wings before the end of the season. (MLive.com)
• Kevin Hayes has been a valuable asset for the Rangers this season. Now, they just have to decide whether they should trade him or re-sign him. Check out the advanced stats on this guy! (NHL.com)
• This young family from Belarus got the opportunity to make a special trip to Montreal to watch their favourite team, the Winnipeg Jets, play on the road. (Winnipeg Free Press)
• Rotoworld’s Gus Katsaros looks at the chances of the Montreal Canadiens making the postseason based on some advanced metrics. (Rotoworld)
Joey Alfieri is a writer for Pro Hockey Talk on NBC Sports. Drop him a line at email@example.com or follow him on Twitter @joeyalfieri.