Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit? Email us at email@example.com.
• The Maple Leafs signed Trevor Moore to a two-year contract extension. (NHL.com/Maple Leafs)
• The Hockey News looks at the five off-season acquisitions that have provided the least amount of value to their new teams. There’s more than one Dallas Star on this list. (The Hockey News)
• Take a look back at the Ryan Johansen for Seth Jones trade three years after it happened. (On the Forecheck)
• Caps forward Jakub Vrana has all the tools to become a young star in the NHL. (Washington Times)
• William Nylander‘s struggles aren’t a big problem for the Maple Leafs right now. (Toronto Star)
• It’s time for the Florida Panthers to make some significant changes. (The Rat Trick)
• Pens defenseman Kris Letang is making a case for the Norris Trophy. (Pittsburgh Tribune)
• The Buffalo News’ Mike Harrington looks at a few small tweaks that could help All-Star weekend. (Buffalo News)
• Sabres goalie Carter Hutton got off to a great start, but he’s struggled pretty badly over the last few weeks. (Buffalo Hockey Beat)
• Panthers defenseman Mike Matheson uses his psychology background to help him with his game. (NHL.com)
• Find out which teams have the best goalie tandems in the NHL. (ESPN)
Joey Alfieri is a writer for Pro Hockey Talk on NBC Sports. Drop him a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow him on Twitter @joeyalfieri.