Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit? Email us at email@example.com.
• What would it cost the Calgary Flames to add goaltending depth? [Flames Nation]
• On the state of the Philadelphia Flyers: “So without a radical change — i.e. not just hitting the free agent market and trying to plug-and-play like they did with James van Riemsdyk — what change apart from making a big splash in signing a coach could you possibly make, and have that meaningfully affect the upcoming season?” [Yahoo]
• What’s Chuck Fletcher waiting for? [Broadstreet Hockey]
• Youth is being served with the New York Islanders. [Islanders Insight]
• “Erica Holmes feels she’s hit the glass ceiling as a hockey official in Alberta, echoing concerns by a female counterpart that she can’t advance to higher levels in the men’s game.” [Kamloops Matters]
• Finally, a very good dog enjoyed the ice at SAP Center on Tuesday night: