Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit? Email us at email@example.com.
• Even though he’s 33 years old, Alex Ovechkin remains as productive as he’s ever been. This ESPN story came out before he scored three goals during Tuesday’s win over Detroit. (ESPN)
• Former Oilers captain Andrew Ference ripped some of the players on his old team partying and not taking their jobs seriously. (Edmonton Journal)
• Hurricanes owner Tom Dundon might be relatively new to the league, but he’s got some interesting ideas regarding his team and the NHL. (Toronto Star)
• After going through waivers earlier this season, Scott Darling has another chance to prove himself with the ‘Canes. (News & Observer)
• Golden Knights fans shouldn’t be worried about the amount of hockey Marc-Andre Fleury is playing right now. (SinBin.Vegas)
• Not only has Aleksander Barkov not taken a penalty all season, he also leads the league in penalties drawn. (TSN)
• Legendary play-by-play voice Bob Cole is retiring after this season. His final game will be a classic matchup between the Maple Leafs and Canadiens. (Sportsnet)
• Here’s a list of 27 players that will have no-movement clauses heading into the 2021 Expansion Draft. (Spector’s Hockey)
• Buffalo Bills defensive back Tre White can do it all!
Joey Alfieri is a writer for Pro Hockey Talk on NBC Sports. Drop him a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow him on Twitter @joeyalfieri.