Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Remembrance Day jerseys that the ECHL’s Brampton Beast will wear this Sunday are phenomenal.
• The Washington Capitals held a 50/50 raffle during Wednesday night’s game and raised over $19,000 for Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh. [RMNB]
• It’s been 60 years since Willie O’Ree broke the NHL’s color barrier. Now he’s finally getting the call to the Hockey Hall of Fame. [SI.com]
• Jakub Voracek is no fan of the Uber driver who released that video of Ottawa Senators players ripping their coach: “Who gives a s—? He’s a f—ing idiot. Do your job. You’re an Uber driver, drive cars. Don’t try to sell copies to make some money. Get the f— out of here. You know what I mean, he’s a loser.” [NBC Philadelphia]
• Meanwhile, the Senators are demanding that the Ottawa Citizen take the video down. The paper will not do that. [CBC]
• “Following a report that the Coyotes would soon change ownership, the team has said that it is open to opportunities to improve its organization but would not say that any changes are imminent.” [Arizona Sports]
• The New York Islanders are off to a great start, but will it last? [The Hockey News]
• Five possible landing spots for Joel Quenneville. [Featurd]
• Jimmy Howard is playing well for the Detroit Red Wings, which might just earn him an extension. [MLive]
• Brody Roybal, a two-time Paralympic gold medalist and the PyeongChang hockey tournament MVP, climbed Willis Tower’s 2,149 stairs using his upper body, arms and hands on Sunday. [Olympic Talk]
• Jussi Jokinen has joined Swiss side EHC Kloten until Dec. 5. [Swiss Hockey News]
• Shorter video reviews and other changes the NHL should make. [Jets Nation]
• The update on Erik Haula is that he’ll travel with the Golden Knights on their current road trip and not play in their next three games. More information will be available soon, according to Gerard Gallant. [TSN]
• Finally, what’s Mike Fisher been up to in his second retirement? Well…