Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Up top, that’s the new All-Star Game logo with this season’s rendition in San Jose.
• The NHL is going to be patient if it wants to reap the rewards that a China partnership could produce. (The Hockey News)
• U.S. gambling monster lurks under the NHL’s bed. (Winnipeg Free Press)
• Here’s an oxymoron: The NHL’s most underrated superstar. (The Hockey Writers)
• Here are the most overpaid players heading into the 2018-19 season. (Daily Hive)
• Every team’s biggest issue heading into the new season. (CBS Sports)
• Vegas remains the NHL’s hottest ticket. (Las Vegas Review-Journal)
• China both a market for growth and a pipeline for players. (The Athletic)
• When pro athletes are accused of abuse, how often does punishment follow? (The Tennessean)