Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit? Email us at email@example.com.
• The Tampa Bay Lightning made some news yesterday when Steve Yzerman stepped away from his GM position. What can we expect from his replacement, Julien Brisebois? Raw Charge tells us. (Raw Charge)
• Yzerman will finish the final year of his contract as an advisor, but could he be heading back to Detroit in a year from now? (MLive.com)
• The Humboldt Broncos have overcome a lot to get to this point. They’ll have their home-opener tonight, and it should be pretty emotional. (The Hockey News)
• The Montreal Canadiens won’t have Shea Weber in their lineup for the first few months of the season. It’ll be tough to overcome that, and Yost explains why they need him back as soon as possible. (TSN.ca)
• Like Detroit did many years ago, the Toronto Maple Leafs have begun drafting several players from Sweden. It worked out for the Wings, so we’ll see if the Leafs can get similar results. (Elite Prospects)
• There’s a chance that we might have another work stoppage in the NHL in 2020. What are the main issues that need to be resolved to avoid that? Hockey related revenue and escrow are the main trouble spots right now. (Spector’s Hockey)