Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• John Tortorella believes contract uncertainty for his starting goalie and one of his star players won’t be a distraction. (NHL.com)
• There are some big names left in the restricted free agent pool. What could they fetch? (Toronto Sun)
• Sportsnet did their Top 100 players heading into the 2018-19 season. Here’s the best of the rest that didn’t make the list. (Sportsnet)
• A story on how the Philadelphia Flyers could win the Stanley Cup, and why they won’t. (Featurd)
• The countdown is on in Seattle. (Sonics Rising)
• It’s the bane of the San Jose Sharks’ existence — the third round of the NHL Draft. (The Hockey Writers)
• A new season of betting odds are here and the Edmonton Oilers are not a favorite to make the playoffs. (Edmonton Journal)
Quick video break for this insanity:
• Alexei Emelin is headed to the KHL. (Last Word on Hockey)
Up top, Brent Seabrook was at Notre Dame on Saturday, the site of the 2019 Winter Classic between the Chicago Blackhawks and the Boston Bruins on Jan. 1.