Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Slava Voynov has not been given the OK by the NHL to return to the league. (Sportsnet)
• The hiring of Hayley Wickenheiser and Noelle Needham is consistent with the mindset of Kyle Dubas. (The Score)
• Alex Lyon’s mask is creepy. (NHL.com)
• Two Finns, two Canadians and one American — it’s the top-five under-25 players in the NHL. (Sporting News)
• Several American-born NHLers teamed up to honor Jim Johannson over the weekend. (Associated Press)
• Here’s a ranking of each team’s No. 1 defenseman. (The Hockey News)
• The Bruins and the Blackhawks unveiled their Winter Classic logos, and they’re very nice. (Sportsnet)
• The First projections of the 2018-19 NHL season are in and it’s bad news for the Vancouver Canucks. (Vancouver Courier)
• Toby Enstrom will leave the NHL for this coming season, electing to head home to Sweden. (Winnipeg Free Press)
• The new commissioner of the Canadian Women’s Hockey League is aiming for more exposure. (The Canadian Press)
• The heart-wrenching story of Joe Murphy is a somber reminder that the NHL must cut down on violence. (Detroit Free Press)
If you haven’t watched TSN’s story on Murphy, please take the time to do so.