Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit? Email us at email@example.com.
• SinBin.Vegas makes nine roster predictions for the Golden Knights this off-season. They predict that James Neal, Ryan Reaves and Luca Sbisa will walk in free agency. (SinBin.Vegas)
• Draft prospect Liam Kirk is trying to become the first player from the UK to make it to the NHL. (Buffalo Hockey Beat)
• Devante Smith-Pelly winning the Stanley Cup is huge for the black kids in the D.C. area. (The Undefeated)
• The Montreal Canadiens are looking for help on defense and it sounds like pending unrestricted free agent Jack Johnson could be an option for them. (1st Ohio Battery)
• Canucks top prospect Olli Juolevi is scheduled to undergo a microdisectomy procedure to repair a disc in his lower back. (Canucks Army)
• Toby Enstrom had a hard time getting into the Jets lineup down the stretch, so it sounds like he’ll be moving on. He could be heading to Sweden. (Jets Nation)
• There’s no reason to criticize the way Alex Ovechkin has been partying since winning the Stanley Cup. (Sportsnet)
• It sounds like the Arizona Coyotes are closing in on an eight-year extension with franchise defenseman Oliver Ekman-Larsson. He can’t officially sign the extension until July 1st. Darren Dreger reports that there’s a verbal agreement between the two sides. (Arizona Sports 98.7)
• The Vegas Golden Knights signed Stefan Matteau to a one-year, two-way deal. He had just one assist in eight games last season. (NHL.com/GoldenKnights)
• The Score tries to predict where the top 10 trade candidates may end up this summer. Phil Kessel to Minnesota would be something. (The Score)
Joey Alfieri is a writer for Pro Hockey Talk on NBC Sports. Drop him a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow him on Twitter @joeyalfieri.