• Up top, check out the highlights from the Islanders’ big overtime win over the Canadiens.
• TSN’s Frank Seravalli breaks down each Eastern Conference team’s needs. Some need help for their playoff push, while others need to maximize their lottery odds. (TSN.ca)
• The Chicago Blackhawks are dealing with an identity crisis and they need to straighten it out right away. (Blackhawk Up)
• Here are four positives from the first half of the season for the Toronto Maple Leafs. (Editor in Leaf)
• Former Blues owner Mike Shanahan passed away at the age of 78. (St. Louis Post-Dispatch)
• The Buffalo Sabres haven’t had a lot of things go their way this season, but Casey Mittelstadt’s performance at the World Junior Championship was positive enough. (Associated Press)
• Claude Julien will head to Boston for the first time since being fired last February. It should be an interesting. “I’m looking forward to it, but I’ll also be happy when it’s over.” (NHL.com)
• The Predators’ schedule sets up pretty well between now and the end of the regular season. (Predlines)