Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit? Email us at email@example.com.
• The U.S. (1-1-0) and Canada (2-0-0) are ready for Friday afternoon’s World Junior Championship outdoor game at New Era Field in Buffalo. [IIHF]
• Trade Kris Letang? Now how would that help the Pittsburgh Penguins? [PensBurgh]
• Consistency has been key for the Vegas Golden Knights. [Sin Bin Hockey]
• Wednesday night’s win over the Anaheim Ducks was a great start to a tough 10-day stretch for the Golden Knights. [Frozen Royalty]
• The Ottawa Senators are moving into sale mode: “League executives also believe several teams have spoken to Dorion about Hoffman, who has a salary-cap hit of $5.1 million through 2019-20. It’s believed the St. Louis Blues are among the frontrunners, with GM Doug Armstrong willing to part with the necessary assets in exchange for Hoffman.” [Ottawa Sun]
• After their first-round series last spring, the Boston Bruins and Senators find themselves moving in two very different directions. [Bruins Daily]
• Is Peter Chiarelli on the hunt for another defenseman to help the Edmonton Oilers? [Oilers Nation]
• Former NHLer Stephen Peat talks about talks about his battle with substance abuse and being homeless. [National Post]
• Eric Nystrom is suing the Nashville Predators “for medical expenses that he says stem from a series of injuries he got on the ice.” [Tennessean]
• On the lack of a lengthy Zac Rinaldo suspension: “If there was ever a time for the NHL to make an emphatic statement about the safety of its players, this was it.” [Vice]
• Another IR trip for Corey Crawford should be concerning for the Chicago Blackhawks. [FanRag Sports]
• The Calgary Flames could be one of the teams going overseas to play next season. [Flames Nation]
• Why hockey should take it outside more often. [Greatest Hockey Legends]
Sean Leahy is a writer for Pro Hockey Talk on NBC Sports. Drop him a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow him on Twitter @Sean_Leahy.