Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit? Email us at email@example.com.
• Vladimir Putin has given the OK for Russian athletes to compete in the Pyeongchang Olympics. Does this mean the KHL will allow its players to go? [NBC Olympics]
• Alex Ovechkin responds to the IOC/Russian news: “Some athletes work out for maybe three years to get ready for the Olympics. It’s hard. It’s tough situation. I think our athletes have to go and do their best.” [Washington Post]
• Bob McKenzie goes around the league and looks at some of the teams dealing with ownership/arena issues. [TSN]
• Breaking down the preliminary World Junior Championship roster of Team USA. [FanRag Sports]
• Here’s the preliminary roster for Canada, which was announced on Wednesday. [Hockey Canada]
• A look at some of the features that could make NHL 19. [Pasta Padre]