Player of the Night: Teuvo Teravainen, Carolina Hurricanes
With the score even at one early in the third period, Teravainen took over, netting his first career hat trick au natural as the Hurricanes beat the Dallas Stars 5-1. He ended up with four points on the night after recording an assist on Carolina’s opening goal.
Highlight of the Night: Slick second goal of the night for Flames forward Mark Jankowski:
• Jordan Staal was busy with assists on four of Carolina’s five goals.
• Sebastian Aho scored his first goal of the year and added two helpers.
• Carolina has picked up points in their last five games.
• Alex Radulov extended his point streak to eight games with a second period power play goal.
• A wild seven-goal third period ended with the Calgary Flames topping the St. Louis Blues 7-4. Jankowski had himself a night with two goals and an assist.
• Micheal Ferland scored and now has five goals in his last six games.
• Just like Aho opened his 2017-18 account Monday night, so too did Sam Bennett with his first of the season.
• Calgary has scored 20 goals in their last four games.
Factoid of the Night:
Carolina 5, Dallas 1
Calgary 7, St. Louis 4