Player of the Night: Blake Wheeler, Winnipeg Jets
The Jets beat the Dallas Stars for the second time in less than a week with a 4-1 win on Monday. The captain was involved in all four goals with four primary assists, two of which came on tallies from Mark Scheifele. Wheeler is now third in the NHL with 21 points.
Highlight of the Night:
The rock-paper-scissors battle between Scheifele and Tyler Seguin continued:
• Well done by Trevor Strader on Hockey Fights Cancer night in Dallas.
• John Carlson’s second career overtime goal helped give the Washington Capitals a 3-2 win over the Arizona Coyotes:
• Clayton Keller scored his NHL rookie-leading 11th goal of the year for the Coyotes.
• Mika Zibanejad handed out three assists as the New York Rangers fought back from deficits of 2-0 and 3-2 to beat the Columbus Blue Jackets 5-3. All three of Zibanejad’s helpers came on the power play, where the Rangers scored on three of their five chances.
• Five different goal scorers powered the Boston Bruins a 5-3 win over the Minnesota Wild. Jordan Szwarz recorded two assists, his first NHL points since March 26, 2015.
• Tomas Tatar‘s goal with 1:14 remaining snapped a 2-2 tie and helped the Detroit Red Wings to a 3-2 win over the Vancouver Canucks. The goal was Tatar’s 200th career point.
• Daniel Sedin‘s goal was the 992nd point of his career.
Factoid of the Night:
Toronto 4, Vegas 3 (SO)
New York Rangers 5, Columbus 3
Washington 3, Arizona 2 (OT)
Boston 5, Minnesota 3
Winnipeg 4, Dallas 1
Detroit 3, Vancouver 2