This is the second time Bobrovsky’s won the Vezina, grabbing both as a member of the Blue Jackets.
Bobrovsky generated a career-high with 41 wins in 2016-17, managing a .931 save percentage. That was just short of the .932 mark he managed in the lockout-shortened 2012-13 campaign, when he won his first Vezina.
Injuries and other stumbles came between these Vezina wins, yet the overall picture is that Bob is a difference-maker for Columbus.
Now he just needs to translate that great work into productivity in the Stanley Cup Playoffs.
Here are the voting results.
1. Sergei Bobrovsky, CBJ 138 (25-4-1)
2. Braden Holtby, WSH 87 (4-21-4)
3. Carey Price, MTL 19 (0-2-13)
4. Cam Talbot, EDM 17 (1-2-6)
5. Devan Dubnyk, MIN 8 (0-1-5)
6. Martin Jones, SJS 1 (0-0-1)