The San Jose Sharks are starting to fatten their Pacific Division lead thanks in large part to their big guns making the ultimate difference.
The Sharks got that extra point against the Edmonton Oilers in overtime on Friday, and they did the same against the Anaheim Ducks on Tuesday. Things are going pretty swimmingly for the Sharks thanks to little breaks like these:
1. Sharks – 45 points in 35 games
2. Oilers – 42 points in 36 GP
3. Ducks – 41 points in 36 GP
4. Flames – 40 points in 37 GP
5. Kings – 38 points in 34 GP
Burns assisted on the overtime-winner against the Oilers, too, so he’s been especially “clutch” as of late. You can understand why the Sharks are even getting a little weird about it on Twitter: