Loui Eriksson isn’t the only big or interesting name on “trade watch” right now.
In fact, there are enough that it’s probably easiest to rattle them off in one convenient post:
- Eric Staal is the biggest name – more marketable than Eriksson, you could probably argue – and he may go from the Carolina Hurricanes to one of the NHL’s glitziest teams (which happens to be addicted to these types of moves).
TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports that the Hurricanes and New York Rangers are trying to hash out a trade, and we may very well reach a resolution today:
Update: The Staal-to-Rangers rumors are only intensifying.
- Dan Hamhuis might be “softening up” to the idea of being traded, according to the Vancouver Province. Reports link Hamhuis to the Boston Bruins and Dallas Stars.
- McKenzie reports that the Minnesota Wild were at least gauging interest in blueliner Jonas Brodin, though that might not be imminent.
- P.A. Parenteau got hurt this weekend, yet it doesn’t sound like it would keep the Toronto Maple Leafs from moving him:
- Finally, Radim Vrbata could also be in the mix for a potentially busy Canucks deadline … or not.
Long story short? Don’t just keep an eye on things tomorrow; there could be big moves today, too. You know, unless such swaps don’t work out …