PHT already made note of some significant (and smaller) IR moves on Tuesday, but in a quest to graciously save you some clicks, here’s a collection of some of the other injured reserve placements of note. Some could be a pretty big deal, too.
(Note: this is a good spot to mention other IR assignments in the comments section if there are any important omissions.)
- The Anaheim Ducks placed Dany Heatley and Kyle Palmieri on IR, according to the OC Register’s Eric Stephens.
- Cody Franson is on Toronto’s IR and ruled himself out of the Maple Leafs’ season-opener, TSN’s Jonas Siegel reports. It looks like Franson is dealing with knee issues.
- The Nashville Predators placed Viktor Stalberg and Matt Cullen on IR while Mike Fisher remains on the non-roster IR. This marks another tough beginning to the season for Stalberg, who was banged-up heading into his Nashville debut in 2013-14.
- Not too surprising considering possible surgery, but the Calgary Flames placed Sam Bennett on injured reserve. Corey Potter received the same treatment. Both are dealing with shoulder issues.
- The New York Islanders placed Lubomir Visnovsky (back) and Matt Carkner (upper body) on injured reserve. The hope for an up-and-coming Isles team is that “Lubo” will indeed be day-to-day, as he could be a key blueliner if healthy. Sadly, that’s been a big “if” during much of his career.
- The Dallas Stars made the expected official by placing Sergei Gonchar and Rich Peverley on IR (Peverley’s situation is long-term, obviously), according to the Dallas Morning News.
- Also expected: Brenden Morrow’s on Tampa Bay’s IR list. The Tampa Tribune’s Erik Erlendsson indicates that this situation may still be in flux, though.
- Tyler Kennedy’s on IR and won’t be available for the San Jose Sharks’ season-opener, the Mercury News reports.
- Eric O’Dell (upper body) and Patrice Cormier (eye) are on Winnipeg’s IR.
- The Chicago Blackhawks placed Brandon Mashinter (lower body) on IR, CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers reports.
(Note: Rotoworld’s a helpful resource for injury updates small and large. If you ever need a quick look at league-wide injuries, this page is a great resource.)