During the first intermission, Mike Milbury called Wednesday’s Chicago Blackhawks – St. Louis Blues game a “turf war.” Well, the Blues narrowly won this rumble 3-2.
Let’s gab away:
- How underrated is Alex Steen? He made no mistake on that game-winning goal on a 3-on-1 rush with about 20 seconds left.
- Jaroslav Halak was a stud tonight, stopping every even-strength shot he saw. He’s in a contract year, so is this the time he’ll really put everything together? If so, where do the Blues rank among the NHL’s powers?
- How would these two teams match up in a playoff series? Chicago’s generally gotten the best of St. Louis recently, but don’t forget that referees tend to put their whistles away, which would probably benefit the Blues.
- Corey Crawford deserves some credit for strong play, too. Can the glove hand talk stop yet?
- Which West and East teams stack up best against these two contenders? Did we just watch the two best teams in the NHL duke it out?
- Are there any moments that you believe left the ‘Hawks kicking themselves after this loss?
- Any worries about the Blues’ PK? It’s worth noting that they were perfect before tonight, when they allowed two lightning-fast Chicago PP goals.