The Chicago Blackhawks stormed out of the gate in the first period of Game 2, but only managed a 1-0 lead. The Boston Bruins’ supporting cast managed to carve out two goals, with Daniel Paille scoring in the first OT to give the B’s a 2-1 win.
The series is now tied 1-1, so let’s discuss this fourth-round feud.
- The team that manages to win Game 2 of a Stanley Cup Final has won the Cup in eight of the last 10 seasons and 75.3 percent of the time since it shifted to a best-of-seven series in 1939. So … yeah, this was a big win.
- Boy, did the two teams look tired in the third period and beyond, or what? How large of a factor might fatigue be? Which team could have the advantage in that category?
- So, with two straight OT games, how many periods do you think this series will accrue in the end?
- Speaking of OT, 26 postseason contests have entered “extra innings” in 2013.
- Which goalie is having a better series so far: Tuukka Rask or Corey Crawford?
- The Blackhawks were a strong road team in the regular season and have managed to carry that over pretty well into the postseason. Can they steal a game or two in Boston?
- How do you feel about the officiating in this contest and the series so far?
- Do you expect this to be a long series? Who’s the favorite in your mind now?