While the playoffs roll on, the Calgary Flames are busy thinking about who they should bring in as their new head coach.
Rumors have swirled around regarding who might be the guy tapped with leading the NHL’s oldest team back to the playoffs, and Vicki Hall of the Calgary Herald runs down the short list. One thing’s for sure, the Flames will have their choice of either new blood or NHL-seasoned experience behind the bench. Amongst the names being mentioned now:
- Former Avalanche and Thrashers head coach Bob Hartley
- Former Oilers head coach and current Chicago Wolves coach Craig MacTavish
- Current Rangers assistant coach and former Bruins head coach Mike Sullivan
- Abbostford Heat (Flames AHL affiliate) coach Troy Ward
- Toronto Marlies (Maple Leafs AHL affiliate) coach Dallas Eakins
Feaster has a lot of decisions to make this summer regarding free agents, potential signings, and possible trades but picking out the right coach is one that could help the Flames turn things around faster. With the luck the Flames have had in choosing retreads in recent years, perhaps new blood wouldn’t be the worst idea.