Player of the Night: Connor McDavid, Edmonton Oilers
The Oilers captain registered an assist in all three periods helping Edmonton to a 6-3 win over the New Jersey Devils. After starting the night tied for 30th in NHL scoring, he now sits tied for fifth. According to the NHL, McDavid has now recorded at least three points in a game 17 times since the 2015-16 season.
Highlight of the Night:
Taylor Hall came this close to scoring an own goal in his return to Edmonton:
• During their Hockey Fights Cancer night, the Oilers invited Brian Boyle to take part in the ceremonial puck drop before their game:
• The Oilers won 44 of 66 face-offs.
• Adam Larsson‘s stat line: 1 assist, 3 SOG, 13 hits, 6 blocked shots, 23:07 TOI.
• Before he almost scored in his own net, Hall tallied his first goal against his old team:
• Five different Nashville Predators scored as they held off the Anaheim Ducks during a 5-3 victory. Pekka Rinne made 35 stops and assisted on P.K. Subban‘s empty netter to help celebrate his 35th birthday.
• Scott Hartnell, who scored Nashville’s opening goal, suited up for the 1,200th game of his NHL career.
• Nifty primary assist here by Derek Grant:
Factoid of the Night:
Edmonton 6, New Jersey 3
Nashville 5, Anaheim 3