During the weekend, some big waves of players were placed on the injured reserve, with the Columbus Blue Jackets and New York Rangers moving the likes of Nathan Horton and Derek Stepan there respectively. (Note: Stepan might even begin 2014-15 on the long-term IR.)
Monday prompted plenty of other IR moves. Here’s a collection of some of the most noteworthy moves. There were a lot today, so if you notice any omissions, feel free to share more in the comments.
- New York Islanders winger Michael Grabner was placed on the IR retroactive to Sept. 26 and could be out for quite a while, according to New York Newsday’s Arthur Staple. Staple reports that Calvin De Haan is also on the IR. Both Isles players are fighting upper-body injuries.
- The Tampa Bay Tribune reports that the Tampa Bay Lightning expect Brenden Morrow to start on the IR but for Jonathan Drouin to avoid such a fate. Both situations are subject to change, even in the next day or so.
- Undrafted free agent find Kevin Hayes is also on the Rangers’ IR with a shoulder injury, the Bergen Record reports.
- The Ottawa Senators placed Marc Methot on the IR, according to Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun. He’s dealing with back problems.
- LA Kings Insider reports that the team placed Andrew Bodnarchuk on the IR because of knee issues.
- Minnesota Wild forward Justin Fontaine’s on the IR with a lower-body injury, according to the Minneapolis Star-Tribune.
(Note: Rotoworld’s NHL page was helpful in putting this list together and is another great source for injury updates.)