The Boston Bruins defeated the Buffalo Sabres on Wednesday night, but the third period was marred by a John Scott head shot on Loui Eriksson.
The Bruins won by a final score of 5-2, however Scott, the Sabres tough guy, was assessed a major penalty for charging for his elbow to the head of Eriksson less than six minutes into the third period.
- How many games should Scott get?
- The Bruins got a pair of third period goals from defenseman Torey Krug to pull away from the floundering Sabres. In the final seconds, the crowd in Buffalo, having already voiced their frustrations this season, began booing.
- Chad Johnson’s debut for the Bruins could not have gone any better, or easier. He faced 17 shots. Yes. Seventeen shots. He stopped 15 of them, but was tested only twice in the third period.
- Pretty nice save here by Ryan Miller. But it was tough night for the Sabres’ goalie after that.
- Some good news for the Sabres: Rookie defenseman Nikita Zadorov, at just 18 years old and the 16th overall pick in this year’s draft, scored his first career NHL goal for Buffalo.