Kings forward Jarret Stoll was hospitalized on Wednesday morning after suffering a seizure, GM Dean Lombardi told the Los Angeles Times.
“Everything is OK. They’ve run some tests and they still had another one to run,” Lombardi explained. “The bottom line is that he’s fine.
“Now the issue is what caused it. There are a myriad of things that can cause them.”
Lombardi said the hospital planned to release Stoll later today after running a series of tests.
It should be noted the 31-year-old suffered a concussion during the playoffs, missing almost all of Los Angeles’ second-round series against San Jose following a Raffi Torres hit.
More on Stoll’s recovery from that injury, from the Times’ Helene Elliott:
“I’m skating so there’s no setbacks,” he said. “I’m taking it slow. I’ve done this before, earlier on in my career, so I know how it feels and what’s right and what’s not, if I’m off or back to normal or not. So just day by day.”
Stoll suffered two concussions during the 2006-07 season while playing for the Edmonton Oilers, including one that kept him out of the team’s final 30 games.
He said the problems resulting from this concussion were “not even close” to the severity of the symptoms he faced six years ago.
Following the Kings-Sharks series, Stoll returned to play in all five games against Chicago in the Western Conference finals.