This was a game that saw some dramatic shifts in momentum. The Rangers took a two-goal lead, only to cough it up and then later regain it. Washington attempted one more comeback, but ultimately fell short in a 4-3 loss.
The Capitals have squandered their 2-0 series lead as it’s all even going into Game 5 on Friday.
Here are the talking points:
- Rangers forward Rick Nash has been struggling in his second career playoff series. He has one assist and a minus-one rating in four games.
- The Washington Capitals lost Martin Erat early in this one after a dangerous three-player collision
- The New York Rangers absolutely dominated on the draw with an 64% faceoff success rate.
- Rangers forward Ryane Clowe returned from a suspected concussion tonight and ended up with an assist and four hits in 12:19 minutes of ice time.
- Five different players scored their first goal of the series tonight. Overall, 16 different players have scored a combined 19 goals in this series, so clearly neither team has a single player or line that’s been leading the offensive charge.