It looks like Minnesota Wild head coach Mike Yeo’s optimism that their first-round series wasn’t over after going down 2-0 to the Chicago Blackhawks was justified … at least for one game. Jason Zucker scored early into OT to beat the Blackhawks 3-2, bringing Minnesota back into the series with Chicago’s lead shrinking to 2-1.
Let’s talk it up.
- The Wild didn’t just win, they out-shot and generally out-played the Blackhawks at times. Could they give Chicago a serious scare?
- Zach Parise scored his first playoff goal as a Wild forward to make it 2-1. Beyond being limited to a point in three games, how would you rate his game?
- Is there any concern that the Blackhawks might be taking Minnesota too lightly? Two of this series’ three games have gone to OT.
- Then again, maybe this is just the way things go for Chicago. The team’s Twitter feed points out that nine of the Blackhawks’ last 11 playoff games have gone beyond the third period.
- Corey Crawford had a strong game, but with Ray Emery approaching full health, is there any logic to a goaltending change?
- Some might be surprised that the Wild even avoided a sweep. So much for that.