People expecting a sluggish, defense-only chess match between the Ottawa Senators and Montreal Canadiens in Game 1 were likely shocked to witness a wild affair on Thursday night. The Senators stole one 4-2 in a contest jam-packed with action.
Let’s get to the talking points:
- So, how good is Craig Anderson? The Habs fired 50 shots on the red-hot goalie, but they could only get two pucks through him.
- Conversely, should the Habs remain worried about Carey Price? He wasn’t outright awful, yet he did allow a goal or two that he’d like back and was out-played by the lesser-paid, less-hyped netminder on the other end.
- Two of the best defensemen in the NHL were on display on Thursday, as P.K. Subban and Erik Karlsson both enjoyed fantastic nights. If you had to pick one of the two, which one would you build your team around?
- Important note: Game 2 of this series is on Friday. Which team has the advantage in such a short turnaround time?
- On a similar note, which Senators player should take the spot likely vacated by Lars Eller?
- Where does this intense game rank with the opening nights of the playoffs’ other series so far?