While Buffalo Sabres star Thomas Vanek headlines the injury list so far on Tuesday, there were plenty of other players whose bumps and bruises are leaving their teams concerned. Here’s a quick rundown:
- Some good news/bad news for the Carolina Hurricanes, via the Raleigh News & Observer’s Chip Alexander: defenseman Justin Faulk (lower-body injury) won’t return tonight but Tim Gleason dodged a bullet by only needing stitches.
- The Boston Bruins announced that blueliner Adam McQuaid’s night is over after suffering an upper-body problem.
- In longer-term concerns, Columbus Blue Jackets first-rounder Ryan Murray (aka the guy the New York Islanders offered their entire draft for) is seeing improvements in his rehab from a shoulder injury, according to the Columbus Dispatch’s Aaron Portzline. He’s hoping to participate in this summer’s development camp.
- New Jersey Devils forward Alexei Ponikarovsky is currently out of action with a mysterious issue, according to the Bergen Record’s Tom Gulitti.
- Yet another Ottawa Senators player went down with an injury, as Sportsnet’s Ian Mendes reports that Marc Methot won’t return after suffering a lower-body ailment.
Mendes also points out this heartening stat that shows more evidences of the Senators’ resilience:
Here’s a crazy stat: In 14 GP with Karlsson, the Sens defensemen produced 27 points. In the last 14 GP without him, they’ve produced 31.
— Ian Mendes (@ian_mendes) March 20, 2013