The 2012 playoffs are where seemingly reasonable prognostications go to die. You can make yourself blue in the face debating which series is the biggest upset, but the Ottawa Senators have to be in the mix if they can win one more contest. The most disturbing part for the New York Rangers might be that the Senators beat them at their own game, winning 2-0 to take a 3-2 series lead.
Let’s get to the questions.
- Craig Anderson pitched a 41-save shutout. It’s not like Henrik Lundqvist has been bad, but is he being outplayed?
- Also, does this mean we have to hear another round of “Lundqvist can’t get it done” nonsense?
- Jason Spezza scored both goals in the win. Can he carry Ottawa’s offense without captain Daniel Alfredsson being healthy?
- If playoff results counted in Jack Adams voting, would Paul MacLean be a stronger candidate?
- Brad Richards and Marian Gaborik disappoint again. Can the Rangers really win this series if Brian Boyle is the guy stepping up?